Client: University of Birmingham, Estates.
Programme: 56 weeks
Value: £8.5 Million
Full refurbishment of an early 1900’s building, ‘The Frankland Building’ to create music and teaching spaces with ancillary office spaces throughout, along with staff and student break out areas. Also included in the scheme was the demolition and re-construction of a single storey Annex building which was linked to the existing building. The Annex consisted of music rooms, recording studios and office space with kitchenette. Works to the existing building comprise of full strip out, new MEP installations, walls, partitions, floor finishes and specialist acoustic fit-out to the ground and first floors. The building also received a new passenger lift and new windows on the 4th floor North and South elevations.